Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are we nuts?

I couldn't believe the rubble would fill the back of the pick up, but it did. One bucketful at a time!


Here is a picture of the shower after at least 8 hours of pounding and tugging and crumbling and hauling and DUST! But at least I don't have to try to clean those nasty tiles any more!

What are we doing remodeling our bathroom right now? We are leaving the country in less than 6 weeks and started a mess like this? The demolition has been quite a chore. I'm sure Alan's muscles ache from all the pounding he has been doing. Russell and I have hauled most of the crumbled tile, cement, and flooring out and I have been vacuuming like crazy, but it is still a dusty, messy MESS. If we actually get it done and it turns out pretty, I'll post some pics. If you don't see any pictures, please don't ask.

8 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Just one question...where is dad taking his 3 daily 30 minute showers now? If he is using the main bathroom for that long every day I bet it is causing some fights. Hope you get the new one in soon! (Like before the next time I come home preferrably)

Battfam said...

So far there haven't been any fights, but I hope we do get it done before you come for a visit, because that's when the trouble would start.

Becky said...

I bet it will be awesome!! Sorry for your mess!!

Becca's Blog said...

What?!? Why would the trouble start when I got home? I have NO idea what you are talking about.

Cassie said...

Now I get it! I've always wondered why I find myself cleaning out my sock drawer or the closet under the stairs when I have company coming in a few hours and those dishes are still there from breakfast! It is a Furness DNA situation.....projects at the VERY last minute.
It will be fun for you to have it all fresh and pretty. I hope we get to see it.

Myrnie said...

Yes..you are nuts! (grin) Sure hope we get to see pics of the finished project!

Audrey said...

Oh I bet you will be sooo excited to get that done!! Also, if you do get done and think, "Sure wish I had those really cool mirrors I gave Audrey" let me know and I will give them back.... but I secretly hope you don't cuz I love them!!
Hope to see the final new look!

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
Lee and Kim