Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ghost Town


Hey, Where is everybody?  I snapped this picture out the bedroom window down to the street that is usually streaming with cars, trucks,and right now I am so tempted to say "things that go". (Only those of you  familiar with Goldbug will know what that is all about.)  Anyway, I guess everybody left town for Carnival or something.  It has been so quiet, the past couple of days, it's a little eerie.  I've only heard one car with huge speakers and the volume turned way up go by all day and that didn't happen until afternoon. That's quite unusual.
Maybe people are right when they tell us we won't be able to sleep at night when we get back because it will be so quiet.  I seriously doubt I'll miss the noise of the city when we get back, and I am so tempted to say "safe, home again," but I sort of miss it today.

P. S. Leave a comment if you know who Goldbug is.  I'm just interested to know if anyone out there in Blog land recognized the quotes or is a fan.  
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First-I am pretty sure you are referring to Richard Scary's book. We used to have one with buttons on the side that you'd push for sound along with the book.

Second-I am going to stop in Fortaleza for a weekend in March on my way home from a humanitarian project in Curitba. I'd love to stop by and say hi.

Mardi said...

goldbug was a classic in our house. i just pulled out thoes little tiny books at Christmas. Eli enjoyed them.

Cassie said...

AHHHHHH-we love the little Goldbug. BTW - My boys LOVED Cars and Trucks and Things That Go. That cute purple book is packed away somewhere in the basement.

Lucy said...

Is that the one with "Lowly" the worm?
I like to get home safe and sound just when we go to Atlanta...let alone Brazil. I'm with you. We enjoy our quiet road at night.

Becca's Blog said...

I loved that Goldbug book! Maybe you should buy it for little Mitchy.