Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lost and Found

I, like Kim's friend, Christa, lose things. Today I am looking for a letter I wrote just last night. I put it in the envelope, addressed it, and put it on the spot on the table we have designated as our "OUT" box. I know it was there this morning, so where is it now? I must have moved it, but why? Yes, kids, I have tried to think carefully about why I might have moved it and where that place might be. Yes, I have moved a few things to see if it is under anything. So far, nothing. I could just print it off again, but something won't let me do that because I know I will find it right after I do and besides that, I am not a quitter. I just keep looking, using up my day. While I am looking for this letter Alan tells me I have to find my Seminary graduation certificate to send in so I can get a visa to Brazil. What?! I can't find something I had in my hand hours ago. How am I supposed to find something I probably haven't touched since the night I received it 37 years ago? I'm not going to swear, but I might cry. Then I calm myself down and think, "If you were a Seminary graduation certificate, where would you be?" I thought of 3 places to look. Bingo! I found it. It was in the third place, but I found it and the pin that went with it. I'm so excited, I'm thinking about wearing the pin. Now if I can just find that stupid letter.

11 comments:

Battfam said...

I know this looks desperate to comment on your own blog before anyone else has, BUT, I need to know who, in the family, left a square, white, Corelle bowl at my house on Christmas. I think it originally had cheese curds in it. I just thought this Lost and Found post would be an appropriate place to ask. Millie

Becca's Blog said...

MOM...I know you are a little sad to be moving out of your nice, spacious home into a 2000 square foot apartment in a city of 3 million people, but...I just thought of something good about that. You will have way less room to lose stuff and way less stuff to lose. Yay for Brazil!

Cassie said...

While you are looking, if you come across a little book about a lion learning how to share...it is past due and it too has come up missing. I am SO impressed about the seminary cert. SO impressed.

hmmm said...

There's just too many things I have lost to even go there.... BUT I would like to tell you that I have FOUND! about 10 pounds. (If you have any advice about how I could give those little fellas the slip let me know.)

Battfam said...

Geri, If you want to join the Batt family fitness challenge, call or email me. It's just a little plan to motivate us. We are trying to "scale down" before we have our family picture taken when Tyler gets home. Let me know and I will send you details.

Audrey said...

Ok hold the phone... Monday afternoon YOU... ME... HAIR and the FITNESS PLAN! I am in need of some serious help!
I use to be the family finder when I was younger... if my mom couldn't find something she would call on me to look for it.....
that being said, since I have had kids, I must have lost my mind cuz I lose things all the time and I am so much more unfocused than I use to be...
Did you mail it??

Battfam said...

In case anybody cares...I found the letter and hopped right in the car and took it to the post office before I lost it again.

Becky said...

I loose/forget everything lately... in fact I'd probably loose my kids if they weren't yelling at me all the time!! (I knew there was a reason they didn't come with a mute button!!)... (trust me I looked!!)

Lataun said...

Ok, Millie,

My question is...Are you serious? You have to have your seminary graduation certificate to go on a mission? So if I didn't graduate, should I just write off a mission with my husband in say the next 25 years?

Lataun (aka seminary drop out)

Lataun said...

Ok, sorry, one more thing. Anyway a great website is http://caloriecount.about.com/

it tells you calories in every food, even fast foods and restaurants, you can type in your recipes and amount of servings and it tells you the calories. FYI.
You can also sign up for free and it takes your info...tells you how many calories a day to maintain weight or lose a pound a week, etc. Ok, sorry, too many posts for one day.

Lataun

hmmm said...

Hey--I thought that website was pretty neat until I looked up my very favorite thing at Applebees and found out that it has 1285 calories in it!!!!

I won't believe it. It can't be true! (.....no wonder it tastes so good....sad.)