Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fare Thee Well, Hebecca

The party is over, but we had such a good time with Rebecca, or Hebecca, as she was known here in Brazil. This is a picture of her arrival at the airport. She seemed a little giddy to have escaped Paraguay and all her critter friends.





We had her room fixed for her and welcomed her with a smile.



She went shopping with us and was shocked at some of the sticker prices. You can see why I no longer make anything that calls for cream of mushroom soup.


Grocery shopping is still an adventure and Rebecca liked going with us. We are still trying to figure out what things are and what to do with them once we know what they are.




We fixed a breakfast for some Elders that were leaving the mission. I thought we had to have it ready by 10:00, but the morning of the breakfast, I found out it was supposed to happen at 8:00. Yikes! I wouldn't have been able to pull it off if Rebecca hadn't been here to help. She had all of this arranged at the mission office by the time I got there with the cinnamon rolls. She had made banana bread the night before and we had quite the nice breakfast buffet. The Elders seemed to be happy with it at least.






This is the driver of the van that took the missionaries to the airport. He is a bishop here in one of the Fortaleza wards and we use his van/taxi service as often as possible. When he came for the Elders we invited him to join the party. I included this picture for a reason though. Notice the gold watch on his right arm. He no longer has that thanks to being held up right outside our apartment building just after dropping Alan off early one morning.

Double yikes!



Rebecca took this picture one of the evenings that we went walking down by the city beach. We usually go in the evening and it is often just this pretty. We were glad she got to enjoy that beautiful evening with us.





We got to celebrate Becca's BiRtHdAy with her. We went out for a nice buffet dinner and tried a lot of foods we hadn't tried before. Some we'll have again I hope. Some I hope we won't.


Anyway, we had a great time and hope she did too.

6 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

MOM...I had a great time, thank you. Too bad you had to steal all my pictures or I could blog about it.

Lucy said...

Looks like you had a great time and that Becca was able to help you out while she was there. I'm kind of scared about the robbers outside of your building, though.

Cassie said...

Sounds & looks like you guys had a lot of fun with Becca there. Too bad about your friend getting mugged. YIKES

Audrey said...

I have a few items I would like to discuss...
First off those are some GREAT pics! Becca looks cute, you look cute, and so does Uncle Alan. OK I mean handsome!
Also I am crapping my pants about the price of Cream of Mushroom! I wouldn't know what to make with out Cream of Chicken in my house and with those prices... a nasty casserole would be a delicacy!
Also, your hair looks great! I am glad you had a good experience! Sure makes life a little nicer when you don't hate your hair!
And lastly, I am thinking that Uncle Al has lost some weight?! And of course you look super as always!

Battfam said...

About the soup...I should have said that those prices are in Brazilian dollars. In US money, it works out to be about $5.50 a can....still out of my price range.

Myrnie said...

How fun for you to get to have your daughter come for a visit so soon. I'm sure it was hard to see her go. It's so fun to read and see pics of your life now. What a different one than we all are living! You inspire us!