Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Freaking Dang it!

Freaking Dang it! is a missionary curse word combination I have heard one of the Brazilian elders here use. He is trying to learn English and this is what he uses to express his frustration. It makes me laugh every time I hear him say it.

But today I'm using it and I am not laughing because I have been waiting on the telephone for over an hour. It might be an hour and a half by now. I just had a simple question for someone about why Norton Internet Protection keeps sending me pop up things that say my subscription protection has expired and it doesn't expire until June 2009.

I really hate being on hold. This has gone on so long I feel like they put me on "mold." The "music" they have for you to enjoy while you pass the time is really getting on my nerves. It just isn't that enjoyable. The really sad part is that I decided to do the dishes and a few other things while waiting so I pushed the speakerphone button so I could hear it as I was working. I didn't want to miss it when the agent came on the line. Now I can't get the darn thing off speakerphone and the music is starting to bug Alan too.

So why don't I just hang up? Everytime I think I can't stand it anymore and I am going to hang up, a voice interupts the music to say, "We appreciate your patience. Please don't hang up. If you hang up now, it will increase your wait time as all calls are answered in the order they were placed."

Yes, I have it memorized, word for word.

I don't want to start over with this thing. I had already spoken to an agent in India who asked me all the initial questions before giving me this customer service number. Even though I had to ask her to repeat a lot of things I tried to be patient and nice because I understand a little about trying to be understood while speaking a different language and how frustrating it is when people don't really even try to understand.

Well, my patience is exhausted. The music track is cycling again and I just heard a really horrible instrumental rendition of "A Time for Us" for at least the 3rd time. I am through waiting. If a virus gets me, it gets me. I just can't take it anymore, freaking dang it!

7 comments:

hmmm said...

ha!! i love that you couldn't get it off speaker phone!
that was my favorite, freakin dang it.

Becca's Blog said...

Mom, you should have just called me. I speak English without an Indian accent and I probably wouldn't have put you on hold for an hour. I think the Norton thing is just to have you renew now even though you don't need to. Just ignore the little pop up for now. I got my subscription at the same time you did and I've had the little thing pop up too.

Kim-may said...

the way they handle the calls and the music sound exactly like Allegiant Air, maybe they are the same company

Lucy said...

I'm not sure you should just let the virus' get you. I tried that and I did get the virus'. That was frustrating, too. I"ve been struggling with some vitamins that were supposed to be a FREE trial. The day I got them I was billed 69.95. They finally credited me back, but I'm convinced the "wait" on the phone line is to get you to give up! Hang in there Millie. You can do it. (freakin' dang it!)

Becky said...

I hate being put on hold with all that lame music!! That freaking sucks!!

Mardi said...

Just don't download anything that says "Antivirus 2009" if you get it in an e-mail. Apparently it IS a virus. My mother-in-law downloaded it and it pretty much ate her computer. And I hate being put on hold.

Myrnie said...

I really loved this post... I think because we can ALL relate to this problem. Like we don't have anything better to do than wait. I'm smiling, too, because I'm trying to visualize "freaking dang it" with an accent!