Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hoe to the End of the Row


The title might make you think I am missing our garden and I am. Not that I really miss hoeing, but I do miss the great tasting veggies that are usually abundant this time of year. BUT that is not what this post is about.

It's about two of our missionaries that will be heading home in two days. They have been excellent missionaries: hard workers, obedient, got along with their companions, not obsessed with leadership positions, fun and friendly. The list could go on and on.

Tonight we attended a baptismal service for 2 families they have been working with the past little while. One couple has 4 children. The other family is a young couple without children. It was a very happy event. I was not only thrilled for the families, but proud of those two missionaries for working hard right up to the end of their missions. They knew how to hoe to the end of the row. If anybody out there is raising a prospective missionary, and I hope there are many that are, do him/her a favor and teach them that many times, the best harvests are at the end of the row, after you are already tired and tempted to quit. I hope I remember this myself.

One more picture: Two little cuties that were my BFsF after they found out about the Passion Fruit Tic Tacs I had in my purse. Aren't they darling?

7 comments:

Cassie said...

What a good lesson to remember and what darling little girls.

Becca's Blog said...

Good point. Unless your garden is situated up on a cliff top. Then you might not want to hoe to the end of the row.

I'm glad you made some BFFs with just tic tacks. Imagine what you could do with some REAL candy.

Lucy said...

The good missionaries probably make you feel good enough to almost make up for the ones that frustrate you!
Cute little girls and cute families. I liked your "hoe to the end" comment, too. I think of hoeing our 2 rows early in the mornings in the summers before we could take off on our bikes. We have a good MOM that taught us those kinds of things.

Mike & Jenny Thornton said...

I'm going to have to share your hoe to the end of the row comment with the boys again. You said it once before. Being in Seattle, at zone conference we heard about making sure your "line is in the water". I understand garden ananlogies better than fishing.
Thanks,
Jen

hmmm said...

i like that little analogy. (that's the right word, right?)
gardens are worth the work. the sweetest veggies ever come popping out of the ground right before you want to give up on them. (my ma kinda boycotts the garden after july 4th because she can see that things are going to be just fine if she stops the weeding. smart i say.)

Myrnie said...

Thanks for making my day with such a good story.

merlene said...

you just made me miss those darling little girls we got to love in Guatemala. I love your hoe story I am going to send it to my grandson in New York we will love it as he is diffentaly a farm boy!