Sunday, August 2, 2009

Shopped 'til We Dropped

How did we end up buying all these shoes and flip flops when all we were really looking for was a brown blouse and some cream colored shoes for me and a pair of sandals for Rebecca? We really aren't sure. Things like that just happen sometimes.

Just for the record, they weren't all for us. Some were gifts and some were "orders" Rebecca had taken. Really, that is the truth.






We had made plans to go shopping with Claudia, the lady sitting by her son, Jared. When we got to her place to pick her up, we found out 2 more sisters and Jared had joined the party. We did some crazy driving out to a nearby town, Maraponga, where they have a fashion market. Because of the lack of sleeves or backs in blouses, and an abundance of plunging necklines we didn't buy much, but it was fun anyway. Claudia is a crazy shopper, always excited for a sign that says LIQIDACAO or PROMOCAO.
We found the displays and mannequins pretty interesting. This bright yellow one with a bikini on certainly made us take a second look.
This extra tall dude with white hair and a goatee was worthy of a snapshot or two we thought.
And our favorites were the "man"niquins, as Rebecca called them, that we saw. They were so broad and the heads looked way too small for the bodies. The store wasn't for cross-dressers or even for plus sizes that we could tell. They just liked big mannequins. We saw quite few in other stores too.


The day before Becca left, she made me go to one more store and try to find the brown blouse I needed to go with this cute skirt she brought for me. I really liked the skirt and didn't want to send it back with her, so I was glad she didn't let me give up. I finally found one that had a back, some sleeves, and no plunging neckline and it was even on PROMOCAO!

5 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

I hadn't even thought that the "man"iquins could be for cross dressers. Nice one mom.

Oh, and I'm glad you found that cute brown shirt. After days of shopping it was the only thing even decent so I'm glad it worked.

Myrnie said...

That is so funny...how do they find clothes to fit those big maniquins? I kind of like the surfer dude with the goatee, tho. (And I love your new skirt)

Audrey said...

I love your new skirt too! Becca showed it to me before she brought it to you and I was thinking that if you didn't want it I would hurry and lose some weight so I could have it!
Those HUGE bodies small headed maniquins made me laugh out loud! So funny! As if that is going to make you fall in love with what they are wearing and buy it up!

Lucy said...

Hey, I missed this post. I was just wondering yesterday about shopping in Brazil. Pretty interesting!

Gma Fern said...

Just to let you know that I do read and enjoy your blogs sometimes.
Love,
Mom