Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fact or Fiction: The Man behind the Mystery

Happy Birthday, I won't say which one, to my one and only. On this occasion I thought it might be fun to play a little TRUE or FALSE trivia game so you can get to know the man behind the mystery a little better.

RUMOR: His bare feet have never touched the floor or ground. (See above picture.)
Only partially TRUE. They have never touched the floor or ground since we have lived here and never never in any hotel we've ever stayed in, even if we happen to stay in a really nice one.

RUMOR: He loves surprise parties.
FALSE: He threatens me every single year. And not to burst his bubble, but I don't even consider it anymore; haven't for years.

RUMOR: He can play the William Tell Overture.
TRUE: He plays it using his teeth and a pencil. He can play other tunes too, but the Overture is the most impressive.

RUMOR: He hates kids.
FALSE, even though he did actually say that he hated kids just last week. BUT, there was a really noisy one that needed a diaper change, for quite some time, in the seat directly behind ours when we were on a plane last week. I excused his comment because of our situation. I know he really loves kids and is already planning some "Grandpa projects."

RUMOR: He loves watermelon.
TRUE, absolutely true, and on almost any given day, we have the rinds to prove it.

RUMOR: He loves Christmas and the Blackfoot Fair.
TRUE, and I think the love for the two are about equal.

RUMOR: He doesn't enjoy talking on the phone.
FALSE, He is on the phone all the time and if it is a sheep friend he is talking too, definitely don't wait dinner.

RUMOR: He loves going to movies.
FALSE: It's a rare occasion that we go to a movie, but if he does happen on to one he likes, he will buy it on DVD and memorize it (at least his favorite parts). Cases in point: Cinderella Man, Rudy, Hoosiers, Sea Buscuit and more that I can't think of right now.

RUMOR: His favorite song is "Moon River".
NOT QUITE SURE: It was his favorite for years, but might be getting the bump by "The Dance." Yes, the Garth Brooks one. (I realize our kids are going to wish I hadn't mentioned that. For some reason they find that embarrassing.) Maybe it is embarrassing, but it's a little endearing too.

RUMOR: He is going to hate this post.
PROBABLY TRUE: But he banned the surprise parties, so what else was I supposed to do?

6 comments:

Lucy said...

That was great! I was wondering if flip flops and a suit were the fashioin in Brazil. (hey guys....Millie wears flip flops on motel floors, too.)

Becca's Blog said...

Haaaaaaaaappy Birthday Dad!

And mom, did you get in big trouble for posting that picture or did you get it pre-approved? Just wondering.

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Alan!
Fun post. We'll have to share a watermelon sometime...or...just buy two.

Kim-may said...

yay! Happy Bday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Alan. Millie forgot to do one abt. whether you like cherry chocolates or not. I hope you like them a lot because I was talking on the phone while I made the fondant for them and I poured in more water than I should, so I had to triple the receipe so I wouldn't waste any sugar. Ellen

Curtis and Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Alan!!!! The flip flop thing must run in the family because my parents do it too. And I love the fair and Christmas too. Have a great day.