Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Beggin' for Bags


If anybody has luggage they are thinking of tossing, please toss it our way. We are trying to round up some luggage to give missionaries leaving from the stakes in Fortaleza. Good luggage is expensive here, and it is hard for them to afford it. If anybody has luggage you no longer use or want, we could put it to good use.

If you don't have any you are getting rid of, please keep your eyes open if you go to DI or garage sales or other second-hand places. All we need is sturdy luggage that has some good use left in it. It doesn't have to be up-to-date or fancy or anything other than functional. When parents come from the U. S. to pick up their missionaries they can bring the suitcases down to us. The bonus is that we can have our kids (Rebecca, being the project manager) fill them with stuff we want. Did I say want? I meant need. That way you can accomplish two acts of charity with one suitcase.

Two elders have parents coming the first of December and Mom and Ellen are coming at Christmas, so we already have some carriers lined up. Post a comment or let one of our kids know and we will be glad to take your old luggage off your hands.

Thanks for your support!

7 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

I look at DI for luggage every time I go and will continue to do so. I wish I hadn't left my mission luggage in Argentina. That was good stuff. Dang.

Oh, and if I write "Project Manager for Battfam's Brazilian Imports" on my resume will you write me a letter of rec? Because it really is like my part-time job. And I just got an order for two iPods tonight, so business is booming. Too bad I'm not making any money...

Becca's Blog said...

Hi MOM.

Anonymous said...

Mom, 300 of your friends and relatives just told me they are looking for luggage for you.

Jamie said...

The Kraupp family has luggage for you. Not much, but we hope it will help :)

Lucy said...

I will see what we have since the move. We'll keep in touch with the "project manager" on it.

kate said...

would bright pink ones be okay? There might be sisters leaving, right?

kate said...

PS I am deeply depressed that I am not on your "family and friends" list. JK I just barely noticed, but I will be depressed if you don't do anything about it after I just whined in front of everybody