Monday, January 28, 2008

My Funny Valentine


I was at Fred Meyer today and bumped into a

Valentine display. I decided to look through them

and see if there was one that would be just right

for my "Valentine" this year. After quite a bit of

searching through the corny, the mushy, and the

totally disgusting, I found a really good one. All I

will have to do to make it just right is cross out

where it says "For My Wife" and put in

"For my Husband". That should be a simple fix.

Anyway, for some reason I thought about Pres.

and Sister Hinckley and what great "Valentines"

they were. I'm glad they're together again. I

doubt Alan and I will ever get this cute, but I

hope we'll always be "Valentines."


4 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

So what did the awesome Valentine's Day card actually say? Or is it just too personal to share...you and dad always have been pretty mushy...."I love you, I love you, I love you. Oh, and did I forget to tell you that I love you?" Hey where do you plan to store those mushy mission letters while you are gone? You might want to think about a safety deposit box.

Audrey said...

Ok THAT is just ADORABLE! I am so happy that they are together again... this is one of my favorite things he said about his wife. “Before I married her, she was the girl of my dreams,” he said. “She was my dear companion for more than two thirds of a century, my equal before the Lord – really my superior. Now in my old age, she has again become the girl of my dreams.”
What PERFECT examples to us all!

Audrey said...

oh and nice work on the blog additions to your side bar... you have gone pro!

Becky said...

I love Pres. Hinckley!! I am soo thrilled that he has been reunited with his wife. Audrey I love your quote... Any girl would love for her husband to say that about her!!.. It's just so sweet!