Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I GUESS WE'RE PLAYING TAG

WHAT WERE YOU DOING 10 YEARS AGO
I have a tough time remembering what I was doing ten minutes ago, let alone ten years ago. I was probably just doing Mom stuff and Mini Bazaar stuff and church stuff. We were probably starting to get excited about Russell coming home from his mission like we are starting to about Tyler now.

5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST
I don't really do lists unless it is just a few days before a major event like Christmas, a wedding, or company coming. I usually just make a mental snapshot of my day and try to go with that. (I recently read that in an article on time management, so I thought I would throw it out for public opinion or ridicule.) BUT if I had made a list these things would have been on it:

Make an appointment for our immunizations... DONE... YEOUCH!

Make bread...DONE, but it tuned out pretty horrible because I let it raise too long.

Reply to a letter from Yvonne Williams of Australia I received almost a year ago. Hey, at least I didn't lose it...ALMOST DONE

Study for my Portuguese tutoring session...DONE and it went OK

Post blog because I got TAGGED...DOING IT NOW

SNACKS I ENJOY

Grape Laffy Taffy (Thank you Lee and Kim)

Cottage cheese on wheat thins, potato chips or saltines.

Peanut butter and honey mixed on a plate and eaten with the knife.

A cupful of Multigrain Cheerios eaten dry

Most kinds of candy that have chocolate and nuts.

The super delicious tamales Sally Ellsworth made for Alan. (Sorry Alan)

WHAT WOULD I DO IF I SUDDENLY BECAME A BILLIONAIRE?

I can't really relate to that amount, but I do a pretty good job of spending, so I could probably figure out how to do it. I would like to do things for people I've noticed that they could use. It would be fun to pay to have a house painted, or yard landscaped, or a kid's teeth straightened and always have them wonder who paid for it. I might also have myself a beautiful garden built AND maintained.

3 BAD HABITS

Procrastinating, being messy, wasting time on the computer.

SOME THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME

I'm a terrible bookkeeper, not that I don't know how, it's just not fun. I misplace things often but am a little more organized than I appear, thank heavens. I like to shop at thrift stores. I enjoy other people, but don't mind being alone sometimes too. My car is usually a mess. My real name is Mildred.

I'll TAG somebody when I'm not so tired. Hey, I'm an old lady.


5 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Great blog MOM...I'm so proud of you. You are turning into such an excellent blogger. And I'm glad you came clean with your real name being Mildred. I bet that was a good one to get off your shoulders.

Becky said...

Ohh Mildred... I loved the blog!! It's always fun to learn random facts about people!! Good on Ya!!

Battfam said...

Thanks, Becky. I think Becca tagged you too, so I'll be watching your blog for YOUR secrets. I have been wondering what happened to you, but I heard you've been sick and then went babysitting. My sympathies on both.
(Only kidding)

Becky said...

Actually... She didn't. But that is just fine by me!! I'm just glad to be back to the real world where I can sit down, read a few blogs, & leave some comments!! It trully has been a while!! But now I'm back in business!!

Battfam said...

Becky, how about I tag you? I think you might have some great answers that would provide us with both information and entertainment.
TAG! Now you're it.