Monday, February 25, 2008

We got the call

We got our mission assignment to the Brazil Fortaleza Mission. It is on the eastern coast, actually the only coast of Brazil, quite far north, but below the Amazon. It's about as far out into the Atlantic as Brazil's bulge goes. For more info and a few pictures and a map, go to Becca's Blog aka Blog Hog. I've been giving her a bad time about posting the news before I did. In reality, it's a good thing she did because I doubt I could get all the pictures and map on the blog like she did.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Wow!! What a beautiful place! I guess if I had to pick somewhere to speak Portugese for the next three years... I'd probly pick there!! Congrats... You can be a missionary and get to see some beautiful places!!

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Oh and sorry if you are in trouble with my mom. She was a little bitter that I called her with the news about where you are going. I keep telling her to read the blogs. I love the blogs. I love the fact that I know what is going on with some of the family. Sometimes I feel a little isolated living in outer darkness.

Mardi said...

That's great - how exciting!! I told Chris that is where I want to go someday. It looks so pretty.

Audrey said...

I loooove the blog hog comment!!
Congrats to you both! What a good feeling to FINALLY know where you are going so you can do your research!!!
Also, Millie you looked FANTASTIC in the church news!! You looked good to Uncle Alan, just a little more serious than your wife.

Battfam said...

Thanks for the compliment, Audrey.
Now imagine me a year after we leave with completely gray hair with it pulled back in a pony. What will I do without you to do my do????