Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Sorry....Another Frog Blog

I just thought I would take a minute to say I had to apologize to Rebecca for making light of the frog situation she is dealing with. Remember the title of a blog post she did recently, "You can't flush a frog?" Well, maybe you can. In fact I'm about 99% sure I did last week. We were traveling and we stayed at a really nice resort type hotel. I was pleased when we saw the room because we had stayed in a well....how should I say it?.... not so nice hotel the week before. Even though it was nice, I was a little leery just because or our experience the previous weekend and because of Rebecca's creepy frog stories. I know you won't believe this, but I had a frog/toilet experience also. Because I was a little leery I checked things out before I went, but when I flushed, a frog shot across the water in the toilet. I about killed myself trying to get the door open and get out of there. After I calmed down and told Alan we went back in to see if Kermit was still there. He was not to be found. I truly think I got him flushed! Shortly after that we got a phone call from the front desk that our car alarm was going off. Great. We went out to see what was up and while we were checking it out, we saw the night manager. Alan told him about the frog and he simply said, "Yeah, it's frog season." It's frog season? What is that supposed to mean??? I thought he would apologize and offer us a rate reduction or at least acknowledge my serious invasion of privacy. But no, just, "it's frog season." Since that experience I have become more compassionate with Rebecca's situation and I swear, no more lame frog jokes.


P. S. Nothing was wrong at the car, but as you can see, our battle with beepers, buzzers and most things electronic continues.

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

I have yet to have a "frog experience"! Ever since I read Becca's blog, I get so weirded out...that I end up checking several times before, during, and after I use the bathroom. Sick I know.

Cassie said...

I was telling Layne about Becca's frog story and he laughed and said that the missionaries enjoyed frog season in Japan. Lots of practical jokes between the Elder and Sister Missionaries. Big, medium and small ones. All sizes and all sorts of stories. I don't mind the ones that live out in our flowerbeds, but I really don't think I'd be too impressed with one jumping out of my toilet. YIKES

Lucy said...

The closest thing to a frog experience I've had is with poly wogs. We caught a whole can of them and then didn't know what to do with them. That can is probably still out by the cess pool at Mom's old place

Becca's Blog said...

Mil...isn't it great how we are thousands of miles away and are both having problems with frogs? How special.

And Bobbi...I think you're safe from the frogs...you are in Idaho in a nice new house. Use the bathroom without fear.

Becky said...

I swear I'm not a sicko but~ I wish we could see your reaction to a frog suprising you and Becca too!! I can imagine my reaction and it would be quite funny!!

merlene said...

Millie we love to read your blogs, we related to a lot of it. Keep letting us in on your adventures!! Take good care of each other.

Audrey said...

I am DIGGEN the frog stories! I am especially lovin that mother and daughter are both struggling with them at the same time...in the toilet!
Also we LOVED the icecream cake! It was WAY better than Dairy Queen and it was nice of Lee to share it with us! Thanks!