Tuesday, June 9, 2009

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!

I have been waiting and waiting for a package Lucy sent the 24th of March. I had all but given up on it. Well, today, June 9th, it arrived. Yeah!
From the tags and stamps on the package I think it got held up in some sort of inspection. It looks like it arrived in Brazil on the 17th of April, so it arrived in the country in the usual time of about a month but the inspection held it up. I don't get this inspection stuff, because I know not every package gets inspected. But what's done is done and I am just glad it arrived.
Thank you ,Lucy, for the Easter things. I am excited to use them next year. Thank you, Grace. for the apron. Now I have an apron just like all the other hen and chicks. It was worth the wait!

7 comments:

Lucy said...

I am so glad. I truly had given up on our postal system. YEA!!

Cassie said...

I'm thinking it isn't OUR postal system that you need to give up on, mom. LOL
I just wore my cute apron yesterday. I always think of everyone when I wear it.
Happy Easter Aunt Miller, again. :o)

Anonymous said...

The Hens and Chicks Party was fun and crazy. I love the apron,too. I wear aprons a lot. Was the Easter candy still good?
Love,
Mom

Battfam said...

The Easter candy was still good. The nut balls weren't in the best of shape, at least the package made it.

Cassie said...

I was just reading over the comments and for the first time noticed that I called you Aunt Miller.
I'm sorry about that. Never in my life have I called you Aunt Miller.
I've got to start proof-reading.

Battfam said...

No problem, Cassie, it happens to the best of us. They need to make it possible for us to edit our comments on blogger.

Becky said...

Did any of the treats have bites taken out of them?... just wondering, I know if I was inspecting I would need to check to make sure the treats were safe! hehe

Hey... I once heard that if you put a picture of Jesus on the package they don't get messed with... something to do with the people of South America being really religious... I don't know, but it wouldn't hurt to try it next time... Good Luck!!