Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bliss: Not Quite

I am a candy junkie. I'm not proud of it, but I admit it. Today I was walking around WalMart trying to think of something fun to put in one last package to send Tyler. He is also a candy junkie. It's about all he ever asks for when I tell him I'm sending a package. That's okay. I'm sure candy is a little harder to come by in Africa. I usually try to send him something new on the candy scene, so today I bought a bag of the new Hershey's Bliss miniatures. Being a nut lover, I chose the milk chocolate with almonds variety. Of course I had to try one, okay some, and ripped the bag open with my teeth the second I got in the car. My verdict: Bliss is NOT QUITE GUILTY of creating bliss. I really think I like the good old regular Hershey's chocolate better and the almonds are so finely ground, it could take a day to get all the little pieces out of my teeth. So there's my "review" of the new Bliss with Almonds from Hersheys. I guess I'll try again tomorrow to find something for Tyler's package. Any suggestions ?

5 comments:

Lucy said...

You can't go wrong with Hershey's Nuggets (gold wrapper) either with almonds or the almond & toffee. They are food for the God's!
Also, a cherry chocolate from Mini Bazaar would be a fine treat. (Haven't had one for awhile, but sounds good)
Come in and get one and you can have a free "Mini Bazaar" bag as well.

Bobbi said...

If I were to receive a package with treats I would love the following: York Peppermint Patties, tootsie rolls, Twizzler bites, chocolate licorice, Swedish Fish, & maybe sour patch kids. That is what I would like to get right now! Does Tyler like any of that??

Battfam said...

Thanks for the help. I did buy him Tootsies, I looked for chocolate licorice, but didn't see any at Albertsons and his favorite is York ppeppermint patties so you did pretty well with suggestions, Bobbi. Lucy, I just might stop in for the treat and bag at Mini. I have been excited to see the bags.

Becky said...

My new favorite candy (at walmart) is the ghiradelli milk choclate squares with caramel in the middle- YUM-O!! I think they have a nut caramel variety also!! They are de-vine!!... I guess I now need to head to walmart to get me some so if you need any- let me know!!

Audrey said...

Diddo on Becky's suggestion... she bought me some once and I have been thinking about them ever since!
I just realized that little Ty will be home in 1 month!!! You better have a paper chain!